As you all know, I’m still sort of new to the blogging game! Although I’m still trying to stick to somewhat of a blogging schedule, and I sometimes find it hard to think of topics to write about, I have been a blog-reader for a few years now. I wanted to share a few of my personal favorite bloggers (not strictly photography blogs) who have been an inspiration in my own blogging journey and in the growth of my business. These bloggers not only offer tips for photographers, but for brides & grooms-to-be, business owners, and people who just like pretty pictures! I encourage you all to check them out!
Yes this is a “top ten” post – but they’re in no particular order 🙂
1. Natalie Franke Photography – Its no secret that I just totally admire Natalie, and have been a follower of her blog & social media accounts for years! Natalie is seriously one of the most inspiring entrepreneurs I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. Not only is her photography amazing and her photos full of love and passion, she shares inspirational stories, tech tips, and business solutions on her blog. If you’re looking for a little bit of business help and sweet love stories, this is the blog for you!
2. Jasmine Star Photography – Jasmine is one of the top wedding photographers in the country – so its no wonder she runs one of the top photography blogs out there! If you have a question about wedding photography, Jasmine has written a blog post on it. She shares so many helpful tips about shooting, gear, how tos, business, and more! And I just love looking at her simply gorgeous images! Jasmine’s blog speaks to wedding photographers of all styles and experience levels!
3. The Palm Shop – As a website owner, SEO, web design, blogging, & branding is SO important to gaining followers and attracting clients. The Palm Shop owner, Krista A. Jones, not only offers high-end design services, she also runs an incredibly helpful blog that is geared towards business owners’ online presence. I can’t even begin to tell you how helpful her posts are! She takes the nerdy side of the creative industry and makes it super easy to understand!
4. The Law Tog – This blog has been a total life saver for me. The legal side of owning a business is intimidating, scary, and hard to understand! Rachel Brenke, a lawyer and photographer, has created the law tog site to aid photographers with the tough legal stuff! Her blog posts are so full of invaluable information about business ownership, the importance of having protection, accounting help, taxes and So. Much. More! She also has amazing resources that you can purchase, including contracts, releases, and marketing templates. I wish I had found this site years ago, because it has been so incredibly helpful in building my business.
5. Bayside Bride – If you’re a lover of nautical things, pretty weddings, and beautiful love stories, then you should totally check out the Bayside Bride blog! Its an Annapolis-based wedding blog that features photos from up and down the East Coast that encompass the seaside lifestyle. I seriously love it! Oh, and its founded by Natalie Franke Hayes and Krista A. Jones! No shocker that it’s an awesome resource!
6. Charm City Wed – Another local wedding blog, based out of Baltimore! I love this blog because there are so many awesomely unique weddings and engagement sessions that happen in the Baltimore area. You can find some really cool wedding ideas here! I love seeing all of the neat ways Charm City (and beyond) is portrayed by different photographers and creative teams!
7. Style Me Pretty – Yeah so SMP is basically the biggest hub for wedding inspiration. Everything is just so…pretty. As a wedding photographer I aim to have my photos published there eventually! They seriously cover every wedding-related topic and even have sub-blogs for different areas of the country. If you’re a bride-to-be and haven’t checked out SMP yet – you need to!
8. Belle Lumiere – This film-only blog will instantly transport you to Paris…so full of light, dreamy images that are full of romance and passion. Belle Lumiere is also a print magazine which features beautiful film photographs from amazing photographers. Film lovers, this blog is so full of inspiration it’ll make you want to dust off your favorite medium format camera, grab some Portra 400 and head outside!
9. Southern Weddings – Another huge wedding inspiration blog, SW focuses on modern weddings with that sweet southern charm that we all love! If you’re planning a wedding south of the Mason Dixon, Southern Weddings has so much information on design, planning, and tons of resources. And its super pretty to look at 😀
10. Heart Love Always – Heart Love Always is a blog about everything pretty and girly – from DIY projects, wedding inspiration, small business tips, and simple lifestyle topics. There is so much fun content and pretty pictures that I guarantee you’ll find yourself scrolling for hours! Check it out!
I hope you all find some of these blogs useful! Whether you’re a photographer, a blogger, a bride-to-be, a creative, or just need a good read, these blogs are great resources for you! Enjoy! 🙂